The award winning film that was the inspiration for our event, Pursuit of Equality, is showing special “awareness screenings” throughout the state of California, and in select cities throughout the nation.
Education and awareness are essential in defeating proposition 8 ? find out if there is a screening near you below.
As the November vote draws near, it’s important to help make everyone in our community aware. If you would like to host a screening of Pursuit of Equality at your school, work, or organization, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- Oct. 4, 2008
- Exclusive Humboldt County Premier
- 9:30am to 11:30am at Arcata Minor Theatre
- For more information visit:queerhumboldt.org
- Oct. 12, 2008
- The Marjorie Luke Theatre
- OUTrageous Film Festival, Santa Barbara , CA
- For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 805.963.3636
- Oct. 13, 2008
- Long Beach 2008 Q Film Festival
- Long Beach , CA
- Art Theater on 4th St. in Retro Row of Long Beach
- For more information contact us at 562.434.4455, or visit The Center in Long Beach
- Oct. 19, 2008
- REEL Affirmations
- Washington , D.C.
- Washington D.C.’s International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival
- For more information visit: Reel Affirmations
About the Film
By issuing same-sex marriage licenses in 2004, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom uproots the status quo, attempts to change the way the United States of America looks at life, love, and marriage, and ignites what may become our nation’s next great civil right issue.
PURSUIT OF EQUALITY is an emotionally charged film that puts a face on American citizens who strive for marriage equality.
From the first frame of the film, even before the press is aware, this film crew is with Mayor Gavin Newsom?s senior staff as the nation?s first same-sex couple exchange their vows and ignite the most controversial civil rights topic in recent history.
The story continues on the streets, in the courtrooms, and on the steps of City Hall, where same-sex couples clash with church groups who declare that who they are and how they love is a sin.
In Life changing moments, this film focuses on the compelling, human rights struggles surrounding same-sex marriage and captures the elation and despair of couples and families who are fighting for equal rights.
As the only film crew in the Mayor’s chambers during the most crucial of times, this extraordinary film provides a telling ?fly-on-the wall? view as this historic event unfolds.